Khamzin Radion Nailevich (October 31, 1980, Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan) – Archaeologist, specialist in the archaeology of Volga Bolgaria, the Golden Horde and Kazan Khanate.
In 1998-2003 he studied at the History Department of the Tatar State Humanitarian Institute with a specialty in history teaching. In 2003-2006 he was a postgraduate student at the Institute of History of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences with a specialty 06.00.07 – Archeology.
Since 2004 Radion Nailevich worked as a Research Associate at the Security Research Department of the National Center for Archaeological Research of the Institute of History named after Sh. Mardzhani of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences.
Since 2010 he has worked as Research Associate at the Bolgar Civilization Study Center of the Bolgar State Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve.
Academic Interests: Medieval archaeology of the Middle Volga Region (Pre-Mongol Volga Bolgaria, the Golden Horde, Kazan Khanate), personal topic “Archaeological sites in the basin of the Sviyaga river in the 10th-14th centuries.”
In 2004-2013 Radion Nailevich participated and headed several archaeological exploration studies in Apastovsky, Arsky, Pestrechinsky, Kaybitsky, Verkhneuslonsky, Kamsko-Ustyinsky, Buinsky, Baltasinsky, Drozhzhanovsky, Tukayevsky, Novosheshminsky, Almetyevsky, Laishevsky, Zainsky, Tukayevsky, Nizhnekamsky and Chistopolsky Districts of the Tatarstan Republic, excavations at a large number of site in the historical center of Kazan, Alekseevsky, Spassky, Zelenodolsky districts of the Republic, Island Town of Sviyazhsk, in the historical center of Nizhny Novgorod, and in Saint Petersburg.
Youth grant of the Republic of Tatarstan in 2016 in collaboration with E. Karpov on the topic “Arrowheads and crossbow bolts of the Middle Volga region in the 13th-16th centuries as a reflection of the military traditions of Eurasia.”
Main Scientific Works and Publications:
- Akhmetgalin F.A., Valiev R.R., Sivitsky M.V., Sitdikov A.G., Khamzin R.N., Shakirov Z.G. Security research in Kazan // Archaeological discoveries of 2006 – Moscow: “Nauka” Publ., 2009, pp. 428-432.
- Sivitsky M., Sitdikov A.G., Khamzin R.N. Studies in Tatarstan. // Archaeological discoveries of 2006 – Moscow: “Nauka” Publ., 2009, pp. 487-489.
- Akhmetgallin F.A. Khamzin R.N. Archaeological research of the town of Kasimov // Traces of the Ages. Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific Conference “Current Issues of the Archaeology of the Volga Region and the Urals” dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the archaeological circle of the Kazan University. Editor: S.I. Valiulina – Kazan: Kazan University Publ., 2011, pp. 9-10.
- Valiev R.R., Matveev R.V., Shakirov Z.G., Khamzin R.N. Summary of the results of studies conducted at archaeological sites in the Central and Eastern Trans-Kama Regions in 2007-2009 in the context of the preservation of the cultural heritage of the Republic of Tatarstan // Proceedings of the International Museum Forum in Kazan “Museum and Society: Contemporary Integration Models”. September 14-18, 2010 – Vol. 2. – Kazan: “Foliant” Publ., 2011, pp. 161-165.
- Sivitsky M.V., Khamzin R.N., Galimova M.Sh. Surveys in the Drozhzhanovsky, Buinsky, Apastovsky and Kaibitsky Districts of the Tatarstan Republic // Archaeological Studies of 2008. Moscow: Institute of Archaeology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2012, p. 380.
- Sivitsky M.V., Akhmetgallin F.A., Khamzin R.N., Gubaidullin A.M., Mirsiyapov I.Yu., Shakirov Z.G., Sitdikov A.G. Security studies in Kazan // Archaeological studies of 2008. Moscow: Institute of Arcaheology of the Russian Academy of Sciences Publ., 2012, pp. 378-379.
- Sivitsky M.V., Belyaev A.V., Valiev R.R., Gubaidullin T.R., Khaziev A.I., Khamzin R.N. Preliminary results of archaeological studies in the territory of Bolgar settlement in 2015 (excavations 208-212) // Bolgar State Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve / Proceedings of the Scientific and Practical Seminar “Bolgar Museum-Reserve – Guardian of Cultural Heritage”, dedicated to the 5th Anniversary of the establishment of the Republican Fund of Revival of Historical and Cultural Monuments of the Tatarstan Republic, December 5, 2015 – Bolgar, 2015, pp. 21-24.
- Akhmetgalin F.A., Khamzin R.N., Belyaev A.V., Mirsiyapov I.Yu., Sitdikov A.G. (Kazan, Russia). Archaeological studies of medieval Kasimov // The Volga River Region Archaeology, No.4 (18), Kazan, 2016, pp. 182-202.
- Galimova M.Sh., Sivitsky M.V., Khamzin R.N. Archaeological studies conducted near the village of Nizhnee Chekurskoye in the Drozhzhanovsky District of the Tatarstan Republic // Medieval archaeology of the Volga-Ural Region: Collection of scientific papers dedicated to the 65th Anniversary of Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor and Corresponding Member of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences named after F.Sh. Khuzin – Kazan: Institute of Archaeology named after A.Kh. Khalikov of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences, 2016, pp. 86-91.
- Khamzin R.N., Sivitsky M.V., Belyaev A.V., Gubaidullin T.R. “Archaeological studies in the Tetyushsky District of the Tatarstan Republic in 2016.” – Bolgar, 2016, pp. 48-53.
- Khamzin R.N., Starkov A.S., Galiev V.A. Studies of 2015 in the village of Sviyazhsk // Archaeological studies of 2015: Bolgar and Sviyazhsk. Kazan, 2016, pp. 31-38.
- Galimova M.Sh., Khamzin R.N. Archaeological essay of Drozhzhanovsky District of the Tatarstan Republic // Ethnic groups and cultures of the Ural-Volga Region: history and contemporaneity / Proceedings of the anniversary 10th All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists. Ufa, 2016, pp. 65-71.