Chairman of the Restoration Council of the Institute of Archaeology named after A.Kh. Khalikov of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences.
Fine Art Restorer of Art Objects and Decorative Items made of Highest Quality Metal. The qualification was acquired in 1998 and confirmed in 2003 and 2014.
1987-1994, Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of History, Department of Archaeology. Diploma. Qualification “Historian. Teacher of History”.
1996-1997, University of Sussex, West Dean College of Arts and Conservation, United Kingdom. Postgraduate diploma with honors in “Conservation and Restoration of Art Metal”.
2004-2005, Saint Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economics (ENGECON), Interdisciplinary Institute for Advanced Studies. Diploma. Specialty “Economics and Company Management (by Industry)”.
2001, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Conservation Fellowship by Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA, familiarization with the methods of studying archaeological bronze.
2002-2003, L.V. Frolik Foundation Fellowship by Metropolitan Museum of Art, on the topic “Study of Possible Means of Falsification of Archaeological Corrosion on Bronze Articles and Methods of its Identification”.
1990-2010, State Hermitage Museum, Department of Scientific Restoration and Conservation, Laboratory for Scientific Restoration of Works of Applied Art, Restorer of the Highest Category.
2011-2017, The Grabar Art Conservation Center, Vologda Branch, Restorer of the Highest Category.
Since 2018 – Institute of Archaeology named after A.Kh. Khalikov of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences, Restoration and Analytical Department, Chairman of the Restoration Council, Associate Professor.
1998-2000, Internship Courses for Restorers of the Ural Region on the basis of the Restoration Workshops of the Sverdlovsk Regional Museum of Local History under the “Hermitage School
of Restoration” Program of the Ministry of Culture of the Sverdlovsk Region and State Hermitage Museum.
2006-2007, Workshops on the Restoration of Archaeological Findings made of Iron and Bronze under the “Hermitage School of Restoration” Program.
2005-2008, Course of Lectures “Economics and Arrangement of the Restoration Industry” at the Restoration Department of Saint Petersburg State University of Culture and Arts.
2002-2009, Individual Internships at State Hermitage Museum for Restorers in Russia and the Near-Abroad Countries.
2010-2011, Seminars on Field Conservation for Archaeologists of the Ural Region on the Basis of the Restoration Workshops of Sverdlovsk Regional Museum of Local History.
2012-2017, Advanced Training Courses at Ural Federal University. Original Courses “Field Conservation of Archaeological Findings. Theory and Practice” and “Restoration of Archaeological and Ethnographic Findings made of Copper Alloys”.
2013, Seminar on Field Conservation for Archaeologists in Vologda at the Regional Scientific and Methodological Center of Culture.
2012-2015, Individual Internships at the Vologda Branch of the The Grabar Art Conservation Center for Russian Restorers.
2015, 2nd International Field School in Bolgar, section “Methods of Field Conservation and Restoration”.
Since 2016, Lecturer at the Department of the History of Tatarstan, Archeology and Ethnology of Kazan Federal University.
Academic interests: technological expert evaluation and attribution of movable historical and cultural monuments. Methodology of the restoration of decorative and applied art objects. Historical technology. Expert evaluation of the authenticity of archaeological metal articles. Mineralogical composition of corrosion products on the monuments of decorative and applied arts and archaeological metal articles. Chemical destruction of archaeological findings.
Main Scientific Publications:
1. Burshneva S. Experience with ultrasonic in alkaline sulfite treatment of archaeological iron / Burshneva S., O. Kuznetsova, N. Smirnova // METAL 2013. Interim Meeting of the ICOM-CC Metal Working Group. Conference Proceedings. — Edinburgh, 2013. — P. 345.
2. Burshneva S.G. The Issue of Preservation of Archaeological Iron Findings (from the Experience of Field and Restoration Works) / S.G. Burshneva // Archaeological Collection of State Hermitage Museum, 2013, Vol. 39, pp. 226-237.
3. Burshneva S.G. Field Conservation of Archaeological Articles made of Mammoth Tusk (from the Experience of Working with Materials from Excavations at Yana Site) /
Burshneva S.G., Pitulko V.V. // Archaic and Traditional Art: Issues of Scientific and Artistic Interpretation. Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific Conference (with international participation) – Novosibirsk, 2014, pp. 130-133.
4. Burshneva S.G. Application of the Formaldehyde Solution in Conjunction with Ultrasonic Treatment to Stabilize Iron Archaeological Items / Kuznetsova O.B., Burshneva S.G., Selyanina A.D. // Science and Modernity, 2016, No. 48, pp. 123-128.
5. Burshneva S.G. Certain Aspects of the Preservation of Archaeological Findings made of Copper Alloys / S.G. Burshneva // Bulletin of the Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography of the Perm Cis-Urals Region: Scientific Journal, 2016, No. 6, pp. 39-45.
6. Burshneva S.G. Application of the Formaldehyde Solutions and Ethyl Alcohol in Conjunction with Ultrasonic Treatment to Stabilize Iron Archaeological Items / Kuznetsova O.B., Burshneva S.G., Selyanina A.A., Smirnova N.I. // Research and Development in 2017: Collection of Proceedings of the 2nd International Scientific and Practical Conference. – Novosibirsk: “TsRNS” Publ., 2017, pp. 160-166.
7. Burshneva S.G. Experience of Arrangement of Educational Programs at the Kazan Federal University for the “Restoration of Cultural Heritage Sites” Qualification / A.G. Sitdikov, A.A. Dedeneva, S.G. Burshneva // Issues of the Restoration of the Monuments of Culture and Art: Proceedings of the 4th Scientific and Practical Conference dedicated to the 20th Anniversary of the Hermitage School of Restoration. – Ekaterinburg: “Basko” Publ., 2018, pp. 8-21.
8. Burshneva S.G. Experience of Teaching the Basics of Conservation of Archaeological Findings within the Framework of an Advanced Training Course / S.G. Burshneva, S.Yu. Zyryanova // Issues of the Restoration of the Monuments of Culture and Art: Proceedings of the 4th Scientific and Practical Conference dedicated to the 20th Anniversary of the Hermitage School of Restoration. – Ekaterinburg: “Basko” Publ., 2018, pp. 148-149.
9. Birchbark letter No. 1 from the Town of Vologda
10. Patent 2677442, Russian Federation, IPC C23F 15/00. Method of Stabilizing Iron Archaeological Items in an Ultrasonic Field / A.A. Selyanina, O.B. Kuznetsova, S.G. Burshneva. – No. 2018102022; submitted on 01.17.2018; published on 01.16.2019, bulletin No.2