Lyganov Anton Vasilievich (12.29.1982, Donetsk) – Archeologist, Candidate of Historical Sciences, Specialist in the Archaeology of the Bronze Age of the Volga-Urals. Research Associate at the Primeval Archaeology Department of the Institute of Archaeology named after A.Kh. Khalikov of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences. In 2000-2006 he studied at the History Department of the Kazan State University. Since 2009 he worked as a Senior Laboratory Assistant at the Archaeological Museum of the Kazan State University, since 2012 – at the National Center for Archaeological Research of the Institute of History named after Sh. Mardzhani of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences as a researcher associate at the Security and Rescue Study Department Since 2014 – at the Primeval Archaeology Department of the Institute of Archaeology named after A.Kh. Khalikov of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences.
In 2013, under the academic supervision of A.A. Chizhevsky, he defended a thesis “The economy of the Late Bronze Age population of the Volga-Kama Region” at the Institute of History of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences (Kazan). He is the author of 19 scientific publications and a participant of major scientific conferences, such as the 4th (20th) All-Russian Archaeological Congress, 5th Khalikov Readings, and others.
He participated in archaeological expeditions headed by S.I. Valiulina, M.Sh. Galimova, E.P. Kazakov, A.A. Chizhevsky, and others. He organized and headed the studies of a number of Primeval sites, including Pestrechinskaya IV, Gulyukovskaya I, Berezovogrivskaya I, Kurmanakovskaya IV and Dubovogrivskaya II sites, and Izmersky XVII burial mound.
Academic Interests: primeval archaeology of the Volga-Kama Region, history of the economic development of the region in the late Bronze Age, mining and metallurgy of the ancient population.
Youth Scientific Grant of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences (2017) “Ancient and Medieval Mountain Copper Ore Centers in the Republic of Tatarstan: Selection Criteria and Research Methods” (Project No. 14-75-xG/2017, supervisor).
Main Scientific Works and Publications:
- Pestrechinskaya IV site – a new multi-layer primeval site on the Mesha river // 18th Ural Conference: Cultural Areas, Archaeological Cultures, Chronology: Proceedings of the 18th Ural Archaeological Conference. Ufa: Bashkir State Pedagogical University Publ., 2010, pp. 156-157.
- Collection of Koban culture in the Archeological Museum of the Kazan University // Traces of Centuries: Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific Conference “Current Issues of the Archaeology of the Volga Region and the Urals” dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the archaeological circle of the Kazan University. Editor: S.I. Valiullina. Kazan: Kazan University Publ., 2011. pp. 36-42.
- Kominternovsky barrow No.2 // Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference 5th Khalikov Readings “The Ural-Volga Region in Antiquity and the Middle Ages” dedicated to the 80th anniversary of A.Kh. Khalikov (May 27–30, 2009, Kazan) / Archaeology of the Eurasian Steppes. Issue 11, Kazan: “OOO Foliant” Publ.; Institute of History named after Sh. Mardzhani of the Tatarstan Academy of Sciences, 2011, pp. 261–271 (co-authors: A.A. Chizhevsky, A.S. Gubin).
- Studies of archaeological sites on Dubovaya Griva island in 2009-2010 // Volga River Region Archaeology. 2012, No.1, pp. 94-115 (co-authors: A.A. Chizhevsky, V.V. Morozov).
- The issue of segregation of cultures dating back to the first phase of the Late Bronze Age // Proceedings of the 4th (20th) All-Russian Archaeological Congress in Kazan. Vol. I. Kazan: “Otechestvo” Publ., 2014. pp. 599-602.
- To the problem of the allocation of borrowing cultural type of the beginning of the Late Bronze Age in the Middle Volga region // Actual problems of Russian archeology / Ed. V.A. Shatalova, Kazan: Centre of Historical and Archaeological Research, 2014. pp. 8-16.
- Results of studying Izmerskoye 17 burial ground // The Volga River Region Archaeology, 2014, No.4, pp. 43–57 (co-author: E.P. Kazakov).
- Studies of the monuments of the Bronze Age in the estuary Trans-Kama Region // The Volga River Region Archaeology. 2015. No.2. pp. 52-82 (co-author: A.A. Chizhevsky).